Mechanical & Electrical Case Study 2
Client: BAE Systems
Appointed as principle contractor, the project included stripping out and refurbishing an existing Joiners Workshop at HMNB Portsmouth then relocating another workshop into the newly refurbished space. IMS were responsible for Safe Systems of Work on site, and design and installation works.
Scope of works
The project included:
- Working with the client to develop the scheme of works
- CDM Documentation & site safety
- Safe disconnection and strip out of redundant mechanical & electrical services
- Design, installation and commissioning of new services
- Relocation, installation, safety upgrades and commissioning of machinery
- Compressed air installation
- Electrical installation
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
- Machinery relocation
- PUWER risk assessments
- Building fabric works
- Civil works
- Structural steelwork
How we do it
Production of Site Safety Documentation
Production of all necessary site safety documentation inclusive of the following:
- Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan
- Site safety folder
- Task specific risk assessments & method statements
- Construction drawings
- Production and up-keep of a project risk register
- Detailed project plan
IMS provided full and proper project management ensuring that we deliver the works in accordance with the following:
- CDM regulations 2015
- BAE Systems terms & conditions
- Client expectations
- Industry standards
- IMS provided site supervision in order to oversee all aspects of our works are adequately controlled and delivered in a safe and proper manner.
Production of full handover documentation covering our works inclusive of:
- Operation & Maintenance Manual
- Test and Commissioning Certificates
- All Applicable Manufacturers Literature
- Record Drawings
- Health & Safety File
The benefits we have achieved
Through the proactive approach of IMS towards value engineering and quality our client is benefitting from a combination of reduced cost and increased compliance.
The appointment of IMS has contributed towards the creation of a safer and more compliant working environment.
Machines now benefit from improved performance and accuracy.
All machines are now fully installed to PUWER regulations.