Maintenance Contracts Case Study 1
Client: Honeywell Aerospace
Honeywell Aerospace is a manufacturer of aircraft engines and avionics, as well as a producer of auxiliary power units and other aviation products.
In 2017 IMS was awarded a 5 year contract to provide production maintenance for the Honeywell Aerospace site in Yeovil. This involved the transfer under TUPE of the existing in-house maintenance team to IMS.
Scope of works
Front Line Maintenance to all production equipment including:
- Shift Cover
- Preventative Maintenance
- Total Productive maintenance
- Quality Checks
- Machine Checks
- Safety Checks
- Corrective actions
- Reactive Maintenance
- Data Acquisition
- Adherence to HSE Policies
How we do it
The in-house maintenance team were transferred to IMS under TUPE regulations. A dedicated IMS Delivery Manager was appointed onsite to manage the team, along with a Contract Administrator.
The team were successfully integrated with a new focus on production maintenance.
The benefits we have achieved
- Implementation of a new CMMS system giving IMS & Honeywell real time visibility of planned and reactive maintenance activities and detailed reporting features including: MTBF & MTTR and KPI analysis.
- Full review of all existing Planned Maintenance Regimes, seeing the introduction of new regimes and optimisation of existing to best suit the machines on site, their criticality and usage.
- Technical review of the maintenance team, identifying skills gaps and areas for enhancements such as cross-skill-training and up-skilling. Following this we have provided formal training to existing staff and introduced new staff members thereby increasing the overall technical capability of the maintenance team.
- Evaluation of the existing supply chain with all required suppliers successfully vetted and novated to IMS. Combined with our existing approved suppliers and efficient supply chain management we have made several large cost savings on spares and specialist repair services.
- Successfully fixed several long term legacy equipment failures, bringing key machines back into production.
- Significantly improved uptime on poor performing critical machines.
- Produced several Value Engineering solutions resulting in improved efficiencies and substantial annual savings of energy costs.
- Embraced and contributed effectively to Honeywell operating systems making production improvements through Kaizen implementation and rolling out a new safe system of work for the maintenance team.