Machine Tool Services Case Study 2
Client: Airbus Defence & Space
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry.
We have since 2013 carried out the machine tool maintenance on various machines at the Portsmouth and Farnborough Airbus sites.
Scope of works
- The servicing, repair and maintenance of existing work shop equipment
- Reactive works – breakdown and repair
- Remedial works and alterations to the systems and equipment on site
- Technical compliance for the equipment on site covering:
- LOTO – Lock Out Tag Out
- PUWER – Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- LEV – Local Exhaust & Ventilation
- Electrical and Mechanical Safety Checks
How we do it
These works are carried out by our mobile team of experienced machine tool service engineers. We have built a database to include an accurate list of all of the wood working and metal working machinery on each site, along with the service and repair records. Service and remedial reports are automatically generated on completion of each site visit. We provide prompt responses to all breakdown and repair call-outs and remedial works. All of our service engineers are SC security cleared.
The benefits we have achieved
We have provided a safer working environment for workshops. We have identified where machines are non-compliant with PUWER regulations and rectified issues raised from a service/inspection.