ATEX / DSEAR- working within explosive atmospheres
Potentially explosive atmospheres occur in petrochemical, refining plants and water industry facilities. They are also found in distilleries, paint spraying plants, flourmills, and woodworking machine facilities.
What we do
We ensure that your business is compliant with current legislation. As an NICEIC Approved Contractor for Hazardous Areas, IMS provides qualified personnel to carry out the following tasks:
- Area Classification of Explosive Dust or Gas Atmospheres to BSEN 60079-10-1 & BSEN 60079-10-2
- Design for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations and systems as required by BSEN 60079-14
- Inspect and Maintain electrical installations in hazardous areas in accordance with BSEN 60079-17
- Generation of Verification Dossiers as required by BSEN 60079-14
- Generation of DSEAR risk assessment and documentation
- Generation of Explosive Protection Documentation IAW requirements of ATEX 137
- Gap Analysis – notifying you of areas in your paperwork and installation and procedures currently not complying with current DSEAR/ATEX legislation
Please contact us if we can be of assistance.
ATEX refers to ATEX137 which is a European standard that has been adopted in the UK by implementing the DSEAR Regulations.