ATEX / DSEAR – working within explosive atmospheres
As a NICEIC Approved Contractor for Electrical installations within Hazardous Areas we can ensure that your site is compliant with current ATEX / DSEAR legislation.
Potentially explosive atmospheres can occur within many industrial, pharmaceutical, and food related facilities. They are also found in distilleries, paint spraying plants, flourmills, and woodworking machine shops.
What we do
IMS provides qualified personnel to carry out the following tasks:
- Area Classification of Explosive Dust or Gas Atmospheres to BSEN 60079-10-1 & BSEN 60079-10-2
- Hazardous Area Electrical Installations in accordance with BSEN 60079-14
- Design for the correct selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations and systems as required by BSEN 60079-14
- Inspection and Maintenance of electrical installations in hazardous areas in accordance with BSEN 60079-17
- Production of Verification Dossiers as required by BSEN 60079-14
- Production of DSEAR risk assessment and documentation
- Production of Explosive Protection Documentation IAW requirements of ATEX 137
- Gap Analysis – notifying you of areas in your paperwork and installation and procedures currently not complying with current DSEAR/ATEX legislation
ATEX refers to ATEX137 which is a European standard that has been adopted in the UK by implementing the DSEAR Regulations.